This chia seed pudding recipe is the proper breakfast or snack to meal prep for the week. It’s creamy, satisfying and loaded with protein and fiber.
If you happen to haven’t tried chia seed pudding earlier than, now’s the time! It’s the proper wholesome breakfast or snack to meal prep for the week and it’s tremendous simple to make.
There are a ton of chia seed recipes on the market (and I’ve dozens posted right here on EBF), however if you happen to’re new to chia seeds, chia pudding is an superior place to begin since you’ll get an actual sense of their absorption energy, the gel-like texture chia seeds create and their means to assist hold you full.
Chia Seed Pudding Elements
To make chia seed pudding, you actually solely want two easy elements: chia seeds and milk, however there are some simple additions that can take the flavour up a notch.
- chia seeds – you’ll be able to’t make chia pudding with out chia seeds. Be at liberty to make use of white or black chia seeds, whichever selection you’ve readily available.
- milk – I like utilizing non-dairy choices like almond milk, oat milk or coconut milk, however any sort of milk will work.
- maple syrup – I’m an enormous fan of including a contact of sweetness with maple syrup, however honey is one other nice possibility. If you happen to want a sugar-free possibility, simply skip the sweeteners all collectively or use a sugar substitute like stevia or monk fruit.
- vanilla – that is non-compulsory, however I like including just a little vanilla for additional taste.
Make Chia Pudding (2 Steps)
- The method of creating chia pudding is very easy! Step one is to stir collectively your chia seeds and milk in a mason jar or bowl. I often do 3-4 Tablespoons of chia seeds to 1 cup of liquid.
- As soon as the combination is nicely mixed, let it sit for five minutes, give it one other stir/shake to interrupt up any clumps of chia seeds, cowl and put the combination within the fridge to “set” for 1-2 hours or in a single day.
Watch Make Chia Pudding
Chia Seed to Liquid Ratio for Chia Pudding
I’ve discovered the proper chia pudding consistency is 3 or 4 Tablespoons of chia seeds to 1 cup of milk. I often begin with 3 Tablespoons of chia seeds to 1 cup of milk, however if you’d like a thicker pudding I like to recommend utilizing 4 Tablespoons to 1 cup of milk.
The kind of milk is as much as you and can differ primarily based on desire and dietary restrictions. I like utilizing non-dairy milks like almond milk, oat milk and coconut milk. Unsweetened almond milk is the bottom in energy and sugar so if you’d like a easy, low calorie, low sugar chia pudding that is the best choice to decide on.
Full-fat canned coconut milk is nice if you happen to’re trying to improve the thickness and make a very filling breakfast, snack or dessert out of the chia pudding. It’s additionally an incredible possibility if you happen to observe a low carb or keto eating regimen.
Retailer and Meal Prep
Chia pudding is an superior meal prep possibility as a result of it’ll keep good within the fridge for 5-7 days. For meal prep, simply place the pudding in hermetic jars or meal prep containers and retailer within the fridge.
Chia Seed Pudding Troubleshooting
If you happen to’re having bother getting your chia pudding to arrange or end up appropriately there may very well be a pair issues going mistaken. Listed below are a pair ideas that may assist!
- Ensure you’re utilizing chia seeds and never another sort of seed! There are white and black chia seeds and each work for chia pudding, however no different seeds will work. Additionally, examine that your chia seeds aren’t previous and possibly attempt switching manufacturers. I’ve heard complaints from a number of those that the Dealer Joe’s chia seeds don’t take in as a lot liquid as different manufacturers. If you happen to’re having bother with chia seeds from Dealer Joe’s, attempt shopping for one other model.
- Ensure you give your chia pudding a very good stir about 5-10 minutes after you initially combine it collectively. This breaks up any clumps of seeds and helps make sure the combination will set. If you happen to don’t do that, typically all of the chia seeds will clump on the backside and also you’ll be left with a lot of liquid on prime as a substitute of a nicely mixed, creamy pudding.
- In case your chia pudding isn’t thick sufficient, simply add extra chia seeds to the combination and let it sit a bit longer. You too can use a thicker milk. Full-fat canned coconut milk creates an extremely thick and creamy chia pudding.
- If you happen to hate the feel of chia pudding, attempt mixing it in a excessive powered blender like a Vitamix. As soon as blended, the combination can be clean and creamy like an everyday pudding as a substitute of a bit seedy like tapioca pudding.
Chia seeds don’t have any taste so the pudding will style like no matter liquid and sweetener you’re utilizing. If you would like the pudding to have a little bit of sweetness you’ll be able to add candy spices like cinnamon and cardamom, vanilla extract and your sweetener of selection.
The feel is much like a thick, creamy tapioca pudding. If you happen to’re on the lookout for a clean pudding texture you’ll be able to mix the combination in a excessive powdered blender till clean. I do that for my blended chocolate chia pudding and my pumpkin pie chia mousse recipes.
The chia seeds begin to take in the liquid fairly shortly, however you do want to offer the pudding a little bit of time to construct the gel-like consistency. I like to recommend 1-2 hours or in a single day.
Extra Chia Pudding Recipes
Extra Recipes with Chia Seeds
Love chia seeds? Make sure you take a look at all of my chia pudding recipes, in addition to all the chia seed recipes right here on EBF.