This egg roll in a bowl recipe is one in all my favourite low carb meals. It’s filled with protein and veggies, made in a single skillet and comes collectively in lower than half-hour!
Alright pals, this egg roll in a bowl recipe is one in all my absolute favourite low carb meals. We make it virtually each single week in my home as a result of it’s really easy, tremendous flavorful and comes collectively in a flash.
Everybody wants a fast go-to recipe like this particularly for busy weeknights, am I proper?
And I’ve to say, for those who like the flavour of egg rolls, however want to keep away from fried meals, you’re going to actually get pleasure from this easy egg roll in a bowl recipe. It’s mainly all of the fillings you’d usually discover in an egg roll, cooked and served up as a bowl meal.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Tastes like an egg roll – It has all of the flavors of egg rolls minus the fried wrapper.
- Simple – This recipe comes collectively in below half-hour and the whole lot is made in a single skillet for straightforward clear up!
- Wholesome – It’s low-carb, gluten-free and dairy-free.
// ★★★★★ Evaluation //
“Wow! I’m amazed. I might significantly eat this each single day! It’s so good!!!! Thanks a lot! I did pass over the sambal oelek as a result of I don’t look after spicy. This dish is significantly what my style buds have been lacking!” – Rachel
Substances Wanted for Egg Roll In a Bowl
You solely want 9 easy components to whip up this scrumptious recipe. Right here’s what you want:
- floor turkey or floor hen – I want to make use of turkey or hen on this recipe as a result of they’re leaner, however it’s also possible to use a lean floor beef or floor pork.
- yellow onion – we’re sautéing the onion with the ginger and garlic earlier than including the coleslaw combine to create a flavorful, savory base to this dish.
- contemporary garlic – contemporary garlic is vital right here for optimum taste. In fact you possibly can take a shortcut methodology and purchase peeled garlic, jarred minced garlic or frozen crushed garlic cubes. I simply wouldn’t suggest swapping the contemporary garlic for garlic powder.
- contemporary ginger – contemporary ginger provides this dish the most effective taste. Mince the ginger your self or purchase frozen ginger cubes for simpler prep. I at all times have these within the freezer.
- coleslaw combine – store-bought coleslaw combine is what makes this recipe really easy! Be happy to additionally use broccoli slaw if that’s all yow will discover. You possibly can completely shred your individual cabbage and carrots for those who want, however utilizing the bagged combine saves a ton of time.
- toasted sesame oil – this provides a nutty taste to the dish. I extremely suggest utilizing sesame oil however in pinch you should use another choice in your pantry like olive oil or avocado oil.
- low sodium soy sauce – this provides sturdy taste and saltiness to the dish. As I point out within the recipe you should use low-sodium tamari for a gluten-free possibility or coconut aminos. I usually use the coconut aminos as a result of it’s gluten-free and I really like that it has a touch of sweetness.
- sriracha sauce or sambal oelek – both of those components will add a pleasant trace of spice and taste. When you don’t need the dish to be spicy in any respect, merely omit it! When you like extra taste and spice, you possibly can at all times add extra or add a touch of crimson pepper flakes.
- inexperienced onions – for serving, inexperienced onions add a pleasant freshness and added taste to this dish.
Tips on how to Make Egg Roll in a Bowl
This recipe is significantly really easy to make and requires only one skillet. Right here’s make it:
Prepare dinner meat: Brown floor turkey or hen in a big skillet. Break meat into smaller items because it cooks utilizing a picket spoon or spatula and season liberally with salt and pepper. Prepare dinner for about 5-6 minutes or till the meat is not pink. Take away from warmth and switch to a bowl or plate.
Prepare dinner veggies: In the identical skillet, over medium warmth, add sesame oil. As soon as scorching, add onion, garlic and ginger and prepare dinner till aromatic, about 3-5 minutes. Add coleslaw combine into the skillet. Toss and add soy sauce and sriracha or sambal. Prepare dinner for one more 3-5 minutes or till cabbage is tender.
Mix + style: Add cooked meat again to the pan and toss to mix. Style and add extra soy sauce or sriracha, if wanted.
Serve: Portion combination into bowls and prime with inexperienced onions, sesame seeds and cilantro. Serve with further soy sauce and sriracha, if desired.
- Bagged coleslaw combine makes this recipe really easy to whip up, however another comfort gadgets that save time embrace jarred minced garlic or frozen crushed garlic cubes, in addition to, frozen crushed ginger! You might even purchase pre-chopped onion for those who actually need to save time.
- The recipe serves 3, but when we’re actually hungry we are able to eat the entire meal between 2 individuals, particularly if we don’t serve it with cauliflower rice. When you’re serving a household of 4 or need leftovers for lunch the following day, I might positively double the recipe.
Does an Egg Roll Have Eggs in it?
I preserve getting this query so right here we go! Egg rolls get their identify from the outer layer, which is a fried wrapper that has egg within the dough so usually eggs aren’t used within the stuffing of egg rolls.
That mentioned, you possibly can completely scramble an egg into this combination for those who’d like! It can add extra protein and a little bit of egg taste. As soon as the bottom meat and cabbage is mixed, create a nicely within the heart of the skillet, add an egg and scramble till the egg is cooked by, then plate and serve.
- Wish to add extra greens? Go for it! Some concepts embrace frozen peas or corn, chopped mushrooms and/or finely sliced bell peppers. Choose your favorites and add them in. Simply know that for those who add a ton extra veggies, you’ll most likely need to add extra soy sauce and sriracha to maintain the dish simply as flavorful.
- Use a unique protein – I want to make use of a lean protein like floor turkey or hen, however you should use floor pork or floor beef if that’s what you might have readily available. For a vegetarian possibility, you may add scrambled eggs, tofu or tempeh as an alternative of floor meat.
Tips on how to Serve
This dish is unquestionably a full meal, however if you wish to add totally different toppings or serve it with a grain go for it. Listed below are some concepts:
- With toppings: I like protecting the toppings for this bowl contemporary and easy with inexperienced onions, cilantro, sesame seeds and sriracha. When you’re an aioli lover it’s also possible to combine sriracha with mayo for a spicy aioli to prime this meal off with one thing creamy! In order for you one thing crunchy attempt serving this dish topped with chopped peanuts or almonds.
- Over rice: You possibly can completely serve the egg roll in a bowl straight up, however for those who’re in search of extra quantity and veggies (with out additional carbs) be happy to prepare dinner up some cauliflower rice and serve the egg roll in a bowl over prime! You too can serve it over common rice and even quinoa for those who want.
Tips on how to Meal Prep
You possibly can completely meal prep this recipe by making it as is or doubling it for extra servings. Prepare dinner it fully and retailer particular person servings in hermetic containers. It’s a simple meal to convey to work or warmth up for a busy weeknight. If I’m being sincere, I’ve additionally eaten it chilly, straight from the fridge. It’s that good!
Tips on how to Retailer Leftovers
This egg roll in a bowl recipe shops very well within the fridge! It ought to final 4-5 days within the fridge when saved in an hermetic container. While you’re able to get pleasure from, warmth it up over the stovetop or within the microwave.
Extra Recipes to Attempt
Make sure you try the complete assortment of dinner recipes on EBF!