After all, we love utilizing this past useful piece of apparatus for making a few of our all-time favourite sweater climate soup recipes, however that’s not all: Your multi-cooker can bake desserts, too. Like lava cake.
@lifewaykefir Comfortable, gooey, and fudgy, our recipe for Gradual-Cooker Chocolate Maple Lava Cake is the #vegan cake of our goals! Made with Lifeway Oat and actual cocoa powder, it is a candy deal with that’s straightforward to make and good in your intestine. #LoveYourGuts ♬ authentic sound – Lifeway Kefir
Prepared so as to add just a little additional sweetness to your life is that this sluggish cooker chocolate maple lava cake recipe that is sneakily full of probiotics. Let’s dig proper in.
Why this sluggish cooker lava cake is nice for the soul and the intestine
Intestine well being is one thing we discuss virtually each day right here at W+G—which is why we really feel passionately about researching the most effective methods to assist your intestine microbiome with out solely consuming, you recognize, bran cereal and sauerkraut. Fortuitously, with the blessing of many registered dietitians we work with, we all know it is attainable to have your probiotic cake and eat it, too—with the assistance of the suitable recipe. To that finish, this chocolate maple lava cake checks each field: It’s straightforward to make (hello, sluggish cooker), full of gut-friendly probiotics (what’s up, cultured oat milk), and it’s vegan-friendly.
In contrast to most conventional lava truffles, that are made with the same old baking trio—butter, eggs, and refined sugar—this model will get its ooey, gooey consistency from its star ingredient: Lifeway Cultured Natural Oat Milk.
This dairy-free, plant-based, gluten-free product is created from natural oats and accommodates 10 reside and energetic vegan probiotic cultures per serving. Along with this, one cup of this cultured oat beverage additionally has 4 grams of protein and two grams of fiber. Briefly: It’s actually good for you, particularly your intestine.
Along with the aesthetic oat milk, the opposite major ingredient of this recipe is darkish cocoa powder, a longevity-boosting rockstar (and who doesn’t love chocolate, anyway?). This beloved staple has been linked to combating irritation and boosting your temper, due to its excessive antioxidant content material. We love.
The right way to bake a cake in a sluggish cooker
Fairly probably our favourite half in regards to the recipe (other than its scrumptious taste) is the sheer comfort issue of it. To make it, you simply dump all the things in in a bowl and push Begin.
A phrase to the clever: To assist make this sluggish cooker cake successful, you’ll wish to grease the within of your clear sluggish cooker with the non-stick spray of your alternative (or parchment paper), as you’ll with a daily ol’ baking pan. Then, you’ll be able to sit again and chill out because the sluggish cooker works its magic for about three hours of hands-free cooking.
On that observe, when you’re in the marketplace for a brand-spanking new sluggish cooker with just a little extra curb attraction in your kitchen counter, Crock-Pot is including two all-new sluggish cookers to their roster (they usually’re cute… no actually), launching on September 24. Say hi there to Crock-Pot Programmable Gradual Cooker with Sous Vide Mode that incorporates a nifty temperature probe (good for baking!) and the Crock-Pot Design Sequence Handbook Gradual Cooker in Ponderosa Inexperienced (a limited-edition colour that screams fall vibes). Glad sluggish cooker-baking season.
Gradual cooker chocolate maple lava cake recipe
Yields 4 to six servings
For the sluggish cooker chocolate maple cake:
1 cup whole-grain oat flour or gluten-free flour equal
1/2 cup unsweetened darkish cocoa powder (Dutch-processed cocoa; not common cocoa powder)
1 1/2 Tsp baking powder
1/4 Tsp sea salt
1 cup Lifeway Strawberry Oat Milk
3/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 Tsp pure vanilla extract
3 Tbsp vegan or dairy-free darkish chocolate chips
For the lava (pudding or frosting):
1/2 cup extra darkish cocoa powder (Dutch-processed; not common baking cocoa)
3/4 cup coconut sugar or date sugar (or unrefined gentle brown sugar)
1 cup boiling scorching water
1. Prep: Spray a 4-6 quart sluggish cooker with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper contained in the cooker. You can too use an On the spot Pot and set it to the “Gradual-Prepare dinner Mode” (don’t use the pressure-cooking mode). If utilizing an On the spot Pot, skip this prep step.
2. For the cake: Combine the oat flour, a half cup darkish cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and sift collectively to combine till mixed. Pour in Lifeway Oat, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract, and stir properly to combine utterly right into a cake batter. Pour this into the ready sluggish cooker. Sprinkle in vegan or dairy-free chocolate chips on prime.
3. Subsequent, combine up the lava (pudding or frosting) components: In a medium bowl, add a half cup extra darkish or Dutch-processed cocoa powder, three-quarters cup of coconut sugar, and sift to mix. Pour one cup of scorching water on prime and blend utterly. (Make certain the water is boiling scorching as a result of that is what dissolves the sugar and cocoa powder right into a fudgy frosting.) Pour this on prime of the ready cake batter within the sluggish cooker accomplished in the first step. The combination will look very watery, however don’t fear; it bakes up right into a wealthy, fudgy, cake-like pudding.
4. Flip the sluggish cooker to medium-high warmth and cook dinner (“bake”) for 3 hours or till agency. In case your sluggish cooker doesn’t have a medium setting, cook dinner on excessive for one hour, then 2.5 extra hours on low. Or simply cook dinner on low for 3-3.5 hours when you want. If utilizing an On the spot Pot, set it to the “slow-cook” mode and cook dinner for 3 hours (don’t use the pressure-cooking perform because the slow-cooking is what makes this cake smooth and fudgy).
5. As soon as the cake is cooked and the lava pudding on prime appears to be like dissolved, flip off the cooker, take away the cake and scoop some right into a bowl and serve with vegan coconut-based ice cream, vegan whipped coconut cream, or different desired dairy-free ice cream choices. (It’s additionally nice with recent strawberries or raspberries on prime.)
For leftovers, (when you’ve got any!), let the cake cool utterly and retailer within the fridge for 3-4 days.
Chocolate lovers, these vegan choco chip cookies are calling your title: