Recipe may contain gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, milk and soy.
Made using chicken mince, apricot nectar and French onion soup mix, this easy dinner combines two family favourites and is on the table in 45 minutes.
- 500g chicken mince
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tsp Moroccan seasoning mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 40g packet French onion soup mix
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup Massel Chicken Style Liquid Stock
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus extra leaves to serve
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- White long-grain rice, to serve
- Select all ingredients
4 Steps Method
Place minceUnsure of the quantity needed?Click on the underlined ingredient to reveal the quantity. No need to flip back and forth!OK, GOT IT, breadcrumbs, green onion, seasoning, egg and garlic in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Shape 1/4 cups of mixture into rissoles.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook rissoles, in 2 batches, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned all over, adding a little extra oil if needed. Transfer to a plate.
Heat remaining oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add brown onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add soup mix and flour. Cook for 30 seconds. Gradually stir in nectar and stock. Season with pepper. Bring to a simmer. Stir in parsley.
Return rissoles to pan. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens and rissoles are cooked through. Serve with green beans and rice, and sprinkled with extra parsley leaves.