This cranberry banana bread is moist, scrumptious and the right festive breakfast or deal with for the vacations. It’s naturally sweetened and studded with juicy cranberries and crunchy walnuts in each chew!
I’m a banana bread fanatic so once I had the thought so as to add contemporary cranberries to a loaf for a pop of shade and festive spin I knew it could be a winner. And boy, was I proper! This cranberry banana bread is completely scrumptious and assured to be a crowd pleaser this vacation season.
It’s made with a combo of oat flour and almond flour to make this loaf gluten-free and it’s studded with tart, juicy cranberries and crunchy walnuts. The combo is SO good!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Straightforward to make – This recipe comes collectively shortly with minimal prep work and it requires easy substances which are straightforward to seek out.
- More healthy – This can be a lightened-up recipe so you may be ok with having fun with it and serving it as much as family and friends, particularly throughout the holidays
- Festive – The cranberries add a festive pop of shade to this loaf making it an important breakfast choice for Christmas morning! It additionally makes for an important selfmade reward! See my suggestions beneath for flip this recipe into a vacation reward for family and friends.
// ★★★★★ REVIEW //
“I’ve been making this banana, cranberry loaf for over a yr now and I actually don’t make some other sort of banana bread now. This mixture of the banana with the cranberries and choc chips is scrumptious…it’s critically the BEST banana loaf EVER!” – Amanda
Cranberry Banana Bread Substances
- oat flour and almond flour – the mix of those flours makes for the right texture for a gluten-free loaf! You may make your personal oat flour for those who’d like or use retailer purchased like Bob’s Purple Mill oat flour. As for the almond flour, ensure you get finely floor blanched almond flour and never almond meal! Bob’s Purple Mill almond flour is what I usually purchase.
- baking soda – a leavening agent.
- sea salt – brings the flavors collectively.
- coconut oil – helps to maintain the bread moist. Be happy to make use of melted butter or one other impartial oil like olive or avocado oil for those who don’t have coconut oil readily available.
- coconut sugar – the less-processed improve for brown sugar. You’ll be able to sub brown sugar for those who don’t have any coconut sugar readily available.
- maple syrup – only a contact so as to add extra pure sweetness and a few maple taste. You should use honey or agave as an alternative if that’s what you’ve got readily available.
- bananas – these bananas you forgot about on the counter that are actually overripe? They’re excellent for this recipe! Be sure to’re utilizing ripe bananas with brown spots for the very best outcomes. The riper they’re the extra sweetness they add. Many instances I’ll freeze bananas once they’re completely ripe so I can use them for banana bread later. Simply thaw and use!
- eggs – to bind the substances collectively and provides the loaf construction.
- vanilla extract – a taste enhancer.
- cranberries – provides a pleasant tart distinction to the sweetness of this banana bread banana bread. And it provides a pop of shade! I used frozen cranberries, however contemporary cranberries can even work in the event that they’re in season. You may also use dried cranberries rather than the contemporary cranberries for those who want.
- walnuts – this provides a pleasant crunch and pairs completely with the tartness of the cranberries and sweetness of the bananas. Be happy to skip the nuts or swap them with one other nut of selection like uncooked almonds or pecans. You may also swap them with chocolate chips for a distinct mix-in choice.
- Vegan: I haven’t examined a vegan model of this recipe and I’m undecided I’d suggest utilizing an egg alternative since this loaf is gluten-free is wants the eggs to assist in giving it construction. One reader did use flax eggs and stated it turned out effective, however the loaf didn’t rise as a lot and had a denser texture. Should you’re in search of a vegan banana bread and don’t want it to be gluten-free you may simply make my vegan banana bread as an alternative. That is perhaps your finest guess!
- Nut-free: Should you’re allergic to nuts or want to make this recipe nut-free, you may skip the walnuts, however I haven’t examined this loaf with an alternative choice to the almond flour, so I’m undecided what a great sub can be. Utilizing all oat flour may lead to a drier loaf and you may’t swap the almond flour with coconut flour because it soaks up far more liquid. Should you want a nut-free banana bread that’s gluten-free strive my coconut flour banana bread as an alternative.
How you can Make Cranberry Banana Bread
Step 1: In a medium bowl, combine collectively your dry substances. In a separate, massive bowl, whisk collectively your moist substances. As soon as mixed add it together with your dry substances and stir till simply mixed.
Step 2: Toss the cranberries with some oat flour till they’re coated evenly (this prevents them from sinking to the underside of the loaf), after which fold them and the chopped walnuts into your batter.
Step 3: Pour the batter into the loaf pan and easy the highest. If desired, add some further cranberries and walnuts on high. Bake for about 60 minutes checking for doneness with a toothpick or bread knife. As soon as accomplished, let the bread cool within the pan for quarter-hour earlier than transferring to a wire rack to chill utterly.
Ideas For Success
- Use ripe bananas: Be sure to’re utilizing ripe bananas for the very best outcomes. The extra brown spots, the sweeter they’ll be.
- Toss cranberries in flour: Don’t skip this! Tossing the cranberries in flour prevents them from sinking to the underside of the loaf whereas baking.
- Don’t over-mix: When combining the moist and dry substances, combine till simply mixed. It’s okay if there are a couple of streaks of flour nonetheless seen. Over-mixing can lead to a banana bread that’s dense.
- Line loaf pan: Don’t neglect to coat your loaf pan with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper to forestall the bread from sticking to the pan and to make removing simpler.
- Cowl if wanted: Verify your loaf on the 30-40 minute mark to verify the highest is getting too brown. Whether it is I like to recommend masking it with foil for the remaining baking time to forestall it from burning.
- Verify for doneness: Use a toothpick or butter knife to verify if the bread is finished. It ought to come out clear or with a couple of moist crumbs.
- Let cool: Let the bread cool utterly earlier than slicing. This helps the bread to set correctly and makes it simpler to slice.
Methods to Serve Cranberry Banana Bread
I really like consuming this banana bread toasted with butter or drizzled with nut butter, however listed below are some concepts on methods to serve this banana bread:
Vacation Present Thought
I really like giving folks edible presents across the holidays. There’s one thing so particular about selfmade presents, particularly ones which are tasty!
I really like making mini loaves of this cranberry banana bread to reward to family and friends over the vacations. To make mini loaves, line three mini loaf pans with parchment paper and bake for 30-35 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into middle of the loaf comes out clear. Let the loaves cool utterly, wrap in plastic wrap, tie a cute ribbon round it and voila you’ve bought the right selfmade reward that everybody will love!
How you can Retailer Cranberry Banana Bread
At room temperature: Wrap the loaf in foil or plastic wrap or retailer in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 3 days.
Within the fridge: For longer storage, refrigerate the banana bread in an hermetic container for as much as every week. This helps preserve freshness and prevents mildew.
Within the freezer: Banana bread shops nice within the freezer. Retailer the loaf or particular person slices in a freezer-safe bag and freeze for as much as 3 months. Thaw in a single day within the fridge or at room temperature earlier than having fun with.
Extra Fast Breads to Attempt
Extra Cranberry Recipes to Attempt
Make sure to take a look at the entire cranberry recipes and fast bread recipes on EBF!