The perfect selfmade granola recipe leading to completely crunchy and clumpy granola. It’s simple to make with easy components, naturally sweetened and completely scrumptious!
Are you prepared for the perfect granola you’ve ever had?
In case you’ve by no means made selfmade granola earlier than cease what you’re doing and run to your kitchen to make this recipe proper now as a result of it’s SO good!! It’s crunchy, evenly sweetened and has BIG clumpy clusters, which I’m an enormous fan of with regards to granola.
Plus, selfmade granola is tremendous simple to whip up and it offers you full management over the components – which means you may skip the added sugars and preservatives usually present in store-bought variations. Whether or not you’re a granola fanatic or making it for the primary time, this recipe is bound to turn into a staple in your family. I can’t wait so that you can strive it!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Crunchy – This granola has the right crunch with large clumps which can be to die for!
- Customizable – With choices to decide on your favourite nuts, seeds and dried fruits, this granola will be custom-made to your private style.
- More healthy – Skip the store-bought granola with hidden sugars and preservatives and make your individual at residence the place you may management the components.
- Lengthy shelf life – It may be saved for weeks at room temperature or months within the freezer making it a terrific recipe to meal prep prematurely!
- quaint rolled oats – the bottom of your granola, offering a hearty texture and a very good supply of fiber. I really like Bob’s Pink Mill natural gluten-free rolled oats.
- uncooked nuts and seeds – combine and match your favourite nuts or seeds like almonds, pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds.
- unsweetened coconut flakes – provides extra crunch and a refined coconut taste. Be sure to’re utilizing unsweetened coconut as to not add extra sweetness to the recipe. I like to recommend utilizing coconut flakes as an alternative of shredded coconut, which may burn quicker.
- floor flaxseed – as an alternative of an egg we’re including floor flaxseed to assist bind the components collectively and create clumpy granola.
- maple syrup – the right pure sweetener for this granola recipe! Be sure to’re utilizing pure maple syrup and never pancake syrup as that’s loaded with corn syrup.
- coconut oil – helps to crisp up the granola whereas including a refined coconut taste.
- coconut sugar – a much less refined sugar choice that brings a caramel-like sweetness.
- water – the key ingredient that helps to attain these large clumps of granola! I sometimes use sizzling water, however I’ve examined it with room temperature water and it had the identical outcomes.
- floor cinnamon – provides a comfortable, spicy be aware.
- sea salt – a pinch to boost all of the flavors.
- dried fruit – that is optionally available, however be at liberty so as to add your favourite fruit like dried cranberries, cherries, apricots or raisins for a chewy, candy ingredient.
Prep: Begin by preheating your oven to 300°F and lining a baking sheet.
Mix: In a big bowl, add all of the components (apart from the dried fruit if utilizing) and toss to mix.
Bake: Unfold the granola combination onto your ready baking sheet in a fair layer and press it down gently with a spatula. Bake till golden brown.
Cool: This could be the toughest half—ready! Let the granola cool utterly on the pan. Because it cools, it’ll crisp up additional. As soon as cooled, you may stir within the dried fruit, if utilizing.
Retailer or serve: Get pleasure from your granola instantly, or retailer it in an hermetic container.
Do-it-yourself granola is extremely versatile and you’ll simply tweak the recipe to fit your style buds or to make use of what you’ve got in your pantry. Listed here are some inventive variations to strive:
- Completely different Nuts and Seeds: Swap in pecans, pistachios, cashews, or brazil nuts for a distinct nutty taste. You may also strive chia seeds or hemp seeds for added vitamin.
- Spice it Up: Experiment with totally different spices like nutmeg, ginger, or cardamom for a singular twist on the basic cinnamon taste.
- Chocolate: Add cocoa powder to the combination for a chocolatey granola, and throw in some darkish chocolate chips as soon as the granola has cooled.
- Use Extracts: You’ll be able to improve the flavour of this granola with a little bit of almond or vanilla extract.
- Nut-Free Model: For these with nut allergy symptoms, use extra seeds like sunflower, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, and puffed rice or quinoa for added texture.
- Candy Variations: Substitute maple syrup with honey, agave nectar, and even date syrup for a distinct kind of sweetness.
- Additional Protein: Stir in a scoop of your favourite protein powder for an added protein enhance.
Get pleasure from Do-it-yourself Granola
I really like consuming this granola recent out of the oven, however there’s loads of methods you may serve it. Right here’s some concepts:
- As a Breakfast Cereal: Merely serve it together with your selection of milk or a dairy-free various for a basic breakfast.
- Yogurt Parfait: Layer granola with yogurt and recent fruits to make a scrumptious and nutritious parfait.
- Smoothie Bowl Topping: Sprinkle it over your favourite smoothie bowl for added crunch and taste.
- With Ice Cream: Use it as a topping on ice cream or frozen yogurt for a contrasting crunchy texture.
- Snack Combine: Mix it with dried fruits and chocolate chips for a selfmade path combine.
- Salad Topper: Add a crunchy ingredient to your salads by sprinkling granola on prime.
- Dessert Crust: Use it as a base for cheesecakes or bars for a singular and crunchy crust.
- Room temperature: As soon as utterly cooled, retailer in an hermetic container. It could possibly keep recent at room temperature for as much as 3 weeks.
- Within the freezer: For longer storage, freeze the granola. Place it in a freezer-safe bag or container, and it may well final for a number of months.